Introductory Portraiture Course
A 100% Quebec drawing class! An online art course, to do from home!
The intensive portrait drawing program for
- Learn to draw a face
- Draw a realistic portrait
- Make pencil portraits
- Solidify your basic techniques
- Drastically improve your results
- Add multiple projects to your portfolio
The format of the program is created to allow you an easy, motivating and tailor-made journey
- Video lessons, followed at your own pace
- Feedback on your work
What does it include?
Seven lessons on the fundamentals of portraiture (pre-recorded)
Classes explore a technical aspect of portraiture with demonstrations and exercises that you can do the exercises at the same time. Courses are available for viewing at any time.
- How to draw a face without errors of proportion
- Draw a living look
- How to make a realistic mouth
- How to draw a nose with gradients
- And more
Technical notions of lead drawing:
- Chapter 1: Hardware Demonstrated and Explained
- Chapter 2 : Techniques for drawing straight lines and segments
- Chapter 3: How to make round circles
- Chapter 4: Creative practices of various geometric shapes in different mediums
- Chapter 5: Pencil Techniques for Solid Areas and Silky Gradients
- Chapter 6: Understanding and Representing Light and Shadow on Objects
- Chapter 7: Criteria for making a good reference choice
- Chapter 8: How to Apply These Techniques to Portraiture and Wildlife Art
Portrait Basics - Chapter 1: Facial Proportions:
- Understand the technique so that your faces have an IMPECCABLE structure
- Exercise of robot portraits to integrate the technique
- Examination of proportions to self-assess yourself
Fundamentals of portraiture - Chapter 2: The gaze:
- The characteristics of a quick eye full of life
- A challenge of 5 minutes a day to achieve the eyes in a week
- Realistic eye project
Fundamentals of Portraiture - Chapter 3: The Nose:
- Learn simple tricks to make a successful nose every time
- How to sculpt volumes rather than making lines
- Fast noses and realistic noses galore
Fundamentals of portraiture - Chapter 4: the mouth:
- The steps to make a delicate mouth
- Understand the mouth in different angles
- The texture of the lips
Foundations of the portrait - Chapter 5: bank of practices:
- Project 1: Front sketch without reference. Practice basic technique.
- Project 2: Little girl. Use the technique with a photo.
- Project 3: The Blonde Lady. Practice an older model.
- Project 4: Master Class - Smiling Woman, with rendering.
Printable exercise and reference sheets:
- Pages accompanying the videos
- Exercises chosen to target the techniques to be reinforced
- Concise explanations, segmented by step
- High resolution images of the references used
Exclusive student community
- Share your drawings in the Facebook group
- Connect with other enthusiasts
- Find advice and encouragement
Technical support seven days a week
- Customer service 7 days a week
- Don't get lost , ask for help!
- Find your password , connect your devices, etc.
- Ask for advice on your purchases
FREE BONUS 1: Complementary Practices - Sketch Missions
- 3 small challenges of 20 min to practice
- Apply your new skills with real projects
- Beginner level to start gently
- Touches different art themes like nature and animals
FREE BONUS 2: Portrait Notebook - models to shade or color
- Ten portraits in contour lines only
Print at home
- Practice the gradient techniques taught without worrying about proportions
- Study light and shadow in a portrait
CRITICISM OF YOUR DRAWINGS by the teacher:
- Send your drawings
- Receive a comment
- Know immediately what to practice first
- Improve quickly !